HIGH TEMPERATURE MUFFLE FURNACE [MODEL NO. KI- 180 A ]
This furnace is used for Heat Treatment of Alloy-Steels. This furnace shall have following features:
• Size of Heating Chamber
9" x 4" x 4"
10" x 5" x 5"
12" x 6" x 6"
12” x 8" x 8"
• Maximum Temperature: 1450 °C
• Continuous Operating Temp.: 1400°C
• Temp. Accuracy: ± 2 °C (Max.)
• Skin Temperature: 60 °C
• Thermocouple: Pt-Rh ‘R’ Type
• Heating element: Silicon Carbide Rods
• Temperature Control: Microprocessor based PID controller/Programmable Profile controller with Ramp & Soak.
• Control panel: With all necessary switch gear items, Programmable temp. controller, thyristor, transformer, etc.
• Furnace Insulation: Vacuum formed ceramic fiber board Grade 1400 °C
• Power source: 230 V, 50Hz, Single phase
• Door: Properly insulated – Front Door Type
The casing is made of 5 mm thick Mild Steel Sheet reinforced with iron angles riveting. Front walls is made of 8 mm thick Mild Steel duly Aluminium painted . Screw joints and welding wherever necessary and painted with Aluminium Paint. Heating Chamber consisting of rectangular horizontal shape totally enclosed Muffle Bracket at 1200 deg C. Hinged type door is counter balanced for easy operation opens infront with the hot surface always away from the operator.
Heating Elements rating 3.5 KW are made of Kanthal wire , special high temperature alloy , are completely surrounding the heating chamber , assuring the most uniform distribution of heat and protects heating elements against damage and chemical deterioration . Highly efficient light weight insulation with Silliminate refractories and minimum 6” thick pad of fibre wool is cast permanently into the furnace body. It takes 35 min. to achieve Set Temp. from ambient temperature . Skin Temp. is 20 deg C above ambient. Heating elements are mounted on element holding bricks.
The furnace can be operated continuously upto 1150 deg C and maximum 1200 deg C. Temperature is controlled by Microprocessor based Ramp and soak Digital Temp. Controller having 7-8 programmes for setting of the temp.
SIZE OF THE WORKING CHAMBER :-
CONTROL PANEL :-
The control panel at the bottom of the front consists temperature control regulating knob with two long neon lights which glows while the furnace is ‘ON’. The apparatus can be fitted with Digital Temp. Indicator cum controller, if reqd. Muffle is fitted with Thermocouple, Silver Thermal Fuse, main lead with power plug to work on 220/230 Volts AC supply.